The online simulator “EN-ROADS” created by Climate Interactive in collaboration with MIT and UMass, provides the opportunity to test and explore cross-sector climate solutions and can be used by anyone freely accessible and uses real data.
To encourage its usage, they have created an interactive, group role playing game called “Climate Action Simulation”. The participants separate into groups with different leader roles in related sectors such as business, government and civil society. The goal is to limit global warming to less than 2.0 degree Celsius. After the groups come up with their solutions such as; energy supply subsidies, land use changes, etc., they give short speeches and negotiate with the other groups in order to execute their plans and take action. The game is designed to act as an emergency climate summit organized by UN.
- To gain insights into the factors that affect climate change and what the solutions and possible paths are for equitably and effectively addressing climate change and achieving the international climate goals.
Target group, beneficiaries or clients
- Anyone passionate about climate action.
- A group role playing game to explore solutions for mitigating climate change.
- Climate Action Simulator
- Virtual environment
Unique Selling Point
- The participant also learn how UN Summits operate.
- It is impactful since it is a valuable tool for climate action and can influence real change. Also, it creates the perfect environment for people to unite and work for the same cause, creating even more impact.
- It is highly transferable/feasible since it is freely accessible for everyone in an online platform.
Contact Person (Optional):
Ms. Enrica Pautasso, email@example.com