Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2030
Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2030 is a program for sustainable business development in Upplandsbygd’s catchment area. The program is aimed at entrepreneurs in Upplandsbygd who have ambitions to develop not only socially and economically, but also in a way that strengthens ecosystems.
The purpose of the project is to strengthen sustainable entrepreneurship in the area and to facilitate the organizations that want to work with the business opportunities that are opened up through the transition to a more sustainable society.
In this program, it means developing and exploring opportunities for entrepreneurs in Upplandsbygd to take a few steps forward in their particular business in terms of sustainability together with others. Participants in the program gain access to expertise in the areas of sustainable development and sustainable business development, both at group and individual level.
Each entrepreneur or company is also allocated resources to develop their business economically, socially and ecologically. Every company can apply for investment grants in 2024. As a participant, you will have access to networks and pilot functions not only against entrepreneurs in the area, but also against the public and non-profit sectors.
The long-term ambition of the program is to, with this investment, create both new jobs and innovations. Therefore, entrepreneurs who have these ambitions will be selected.
Eight entrepreneurs will be selected for this program.
1. Challenge Tackled
We believe that sustainable development consists of three areas; ecological (biosphere), social (society), economic (economy), and that ecology is the basis for sustainable development.
Ecology is crucial, but that should not prevent us from also achieving goals such as innovation, prosperity and inclusion - as long as we stick to ecologically sustainable solutions.
We have prioritized nine areas within sustainable development. Within these, there are three ecological, three social and three economic aspects. The sustainability goals are indivisible, which means that you cannot achieve one goal at the expense of another. We have made a spider diagram to illustrate our areas of sustainability and to illustrate that the goals are indivisible. When you run and apply for projects with us, you will get to work with our "sustainability spider".
2. Target group, beneficiaries or clients
- Entrepreneurs, who want to develop sustainable business.
- In this program, this means developing and exploring opportunities for entrepreneurs in Uppland's rural areas to take some steps forward in their particular business in terms of sustainability together with others. Participants in the program gain access to expertise in the areas of sustainable development and sustainable business development, both at group and individual level.
- Each entrepreneur or company is also allocated resources to develop their business economically, socially and ecologically. As a participant, you will have access to networks and pilot functions not only against entrepreneurs in the area, but also against public authorities and associations.
5. Unique Selling Point
- The basis of the program is commitment, openness and interactivity. Participants are expected to work both independently and in groups between seminars, advice and follow-up meetings. Participants are also expected to share experiences with the other participants. The approach to confidentiality within this program can be read on our website. The strength of the program is the collaboration between the different expertise of the participants and the different competencies of the program management.
- knowledge and insight into sustainable business development, both locally and in a larger perspective;
- available resources to entrepreneurs to implement sustainable business development;
- new jobs, services, products and innovations.
The materials are available to any entrepreneur or organization who applied for the Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2030 program.