Fondazione Zoom, is an Italian Foundation, consisted of a team of professionals who have decided to undertake a new challenge: scientific research for the protection of threatened species and their habitats.
They have created the project for building a “Pollinator Park”, in a peri-urban green area in Turin, Italy, dedicated to pollinator insects. Their aim is to raise awareness and educate people on the importance of pollinators and their essential roles in the planet’s ecosystem. The park is set out to be in a public area and it will be open to everyone. The visitors will always be able to spend their free time in the park and learn-thanks to signage and signage with QR Codes-information about pollinating insects.
1. Challenge Tackled
- Increasing knowledge on pollinators and their importance
- Increasing awareness on environmental issues
- Creation of a pollinator-friendly peri-urban green area, useful for repopulating the species.
2. Target group, beneficiaries or clients
- Park visitors including; citizens, families, students, associations, all stakeholders and the general public.
- A Pollinator Park where the target audience is in direct interaction with the pollinator species by observing them in their natural habitat while also being educated through signages around the park.
- The project is innovative since it combines the components of scientific research and educational leisure time for the public.
5. Unique Selling Point
- The park will also be a place for scientific research by the Foundation thanks to the census of different species of pollinators in the area.
- It is highly impactful since it can easily each a very wide audience.
- It is highly transferable since it is easy to replicate the same structure in other municipalities/regions.
Contact Person (Optional):
Ms. Enrica Pautasso, firstname.lastname@example.org